Matthew 24:36- 25:46
To be Before Warned is to be before Armed . . .
The Lord Jesus is Coming Again in Glory to bring His Kingdom to Fulfness . . .
So Don’t . . .
• be deceived by false messengers . . .
• be alarmed at disasters . . .
• (… try and work out the day or hour of His Coming . . .)
Rather Be Watchful . . .
• as those who will not to be surprised, but be ever ready for the unexpected coming of the Lord (Matt. 24: 36- 44)
– don’t get engrossed in life’s daily stuff (see also 1 Cor. 7: 29- 31)
• as slaves who are entrusted to look after the Masters household and interests until the end. . . be wise, faithful & remember you are destined to give account to the King . . . (Matt. 24: 45- 51)
– live as those who are wise enough to know that the master’s coming may be
delayed . . . (Matt. 25: 1- 15)
– live as slaves who are entrusted to faithfully improve their master’s assets/
kingdom . . . (Matt. 25: 14- 30)
– the compound effect
– live as disciples of Jesus, whose lives have been so transformed by Jesus
that they unconsciously serve brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, self-
sacrificingly. (Matt. 25: 31- 46)
My Commitment to Jesus
I repent & now believe Jesus Christ is Lord. I’m part of the fellowship of Jesus Christ.
I have been given the Holy Spirit.
The dye has been cast.
I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made.
I’m a disciple of His.
I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
My past is redeemed, my future is secure, my present makes sense.
I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving,
and dwarfed goals. I follow Him, His way to become like Him.
I no longer need pre- eminence, prosperity, position, promotions,
plaudits, or popularity.
I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.
I life by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience,
live by prayer and labor by love.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission clear.
I will not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back,
deluded or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,
or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up,
paid up, preached up and lived up for the cause of Christ.
I am a disciple of Jesus.
I must go till He comes, give till I drop, talk till all know,
and work till He stops me.
And when He comes for His own,
He will recognizing me.
My banner will be clear.